In this lesson, we’ll walk you through what you need to know before your first flight lesson. You can begin to work through this course even if you’re months away from taking your first actual flight in an airplane. The more knowledge you gain now, the better prepared you’ll be when you climb into the pilot’s seat in the near future!
What we’ll cover in this lesson:
- The Aircraft Flight Controls
- The Four Forces of Flight
- The components of the airplane
- How to preflight an airplane (check it before going flying)
- What to Expect on Your First Flight (basics of flying with your instructor)
- How to do a Normal Takeoff (WooHoo time to fly!)
What to do:
- View the video above to understand what you can expect from this course, and how to best study to absorb the material.
- Click on the TOPICS below and complete each one by watching the associated video and reading the explanation below it.
- When you have reviewed and studied all of the topics, take the QUIZ below and pass with at least a 90% to move on to the next LESSON.
When starting an aviation career it is not unusual to be overwhelmed, terrified, suffer from lack of confidence and be just plain scared. As experience grows, self confidence replaces fear … but after a time, when you think you have seen it all, you realize your initial reactions to flying were correct.