Wondering why people fly at night?
Check out how beautiful it can be in the video above!
Things to consider for nighttime flight planning….
Night Flight Considerations:
- What type of lighting, fuel, and tower is available at the departure, arrival, and alternate airports?
- Does the airport have a beacon?
- Does the airport have pilot controlled lighting?
- Is the tower part-time? What time does it open and close? What happens to the airspace?
- Does the airport have fuel?
- Are there any NOTAMs (Notice to Airmen) that are relevant to your flight?
- Are you current to carry passengers at night?
- Does all aircraft lighting function properly? (inclusive of interior panel and map lighting)
- Have my eyes adjusted for night time flying?