Finding Density Altitude
In the video below, we will go over how to find your Density Altitude.
To find your density altitude:
- Dial-in your pressure altitude and temperature.
- Observe the indicated density altitude.
Wind Correction Angle
In the video below, we’ll cover how to find the proper wind correction angle for a given leg.
To find your wind correction angle & groundspeed:
- Slide grommet down to 100 as a starting point.
- Dial in the wind direction.
- Mark the given windspeed from 100 without moving the grommet (use a piece of tape or a pencil).
- Dial-in your true heading.
- Slide the dot you marked to your true airspeed.
- Read your airspeed through the grommet.
- Note where your dot is placed relative to the centerline. Add or subtract as shown to find your wind correction angle. (Don’t forget to add or subtract magnetic variation!)